Manager of Career Counseling
Top tier international law firm is seeking a Manager of Career Counseling for their New York office. This role provides career development and advancement counseling to all attorneys, maintains relationships with Firm alumni and clients, and develops career development resources. Responsibilities include providing individual career development and advancement counseling, coaching and planning to all Firm attorneys, assisting attorneys with Firm integration, navigation of Firm procedures and resources, short- and long-term career planning, as well as tracking and monitoring associate trends and share with Talent Department to enhance associate life as well as professional development initiatives. This is an exempt position with salary range between $125-$175k based on experience.
- J.D. or other advanced degree related to career coaching or counseling required.
- Counseling experience required; experience counseling lawyers or law students on career development and advancement opportunities preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Understanding of the legal profession preferred.
- Ability to interact smoothly with high-level professionals necessary; public speaking skills preferred.
- Familiarity with career opportunities for lawyers within legal and non-legal environments, including federal and state governments, in-house corporate legal departments, non-profit/public interest organizations and large and small law firms, strongly preferred.
- Salary: 125-175k
- Start Date: Location: Midtown Manhattan
- Travel Required:
- Education Required: J.D. or other advanced degree related to career coaching or counseling required.